Before the 1st burn:
make sure you have 3-4 hours available for the candle to burn while attended. Soy has memory. When lighting your candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way out to the diameter of its container. Once the melted wax reaches the glass/tin, allow it to melt until 1/4” deep. This is called a melt pool. This is also where the fragrant aroma is released.
Place your candle on a flat, flame retardant surface, away from drafts, children, pets, curtains, furniture, etc. Exercise common sense when dealing with fire.
Occasionally, mushrooming may occur (wick looks like a mushroom during burn), which means there may be a build-up of carbon or a draft. After the candle is extinguished, allow the wick to harden and trim. Avoid wick trimmings to fall into wax, as this can create a fire hazard. In fact, use candle lid between burns if available.
If your candle begins to smoke, flicker or the flame becomes too high; extinguish your candle at once. These signs indicate the flame isn’t controlled. Let your candle cool & trim the wick.
Discard your candle once the remaining wax reaches 1/2” deep or you can see the metal wick holder.
Remember: Soy is a living organism. It continues to expand, contract and change from its current form. It may also look frosted (looks like tiny crystals). These flaws are normal and are indicators that you have purchased a 100% soy wax candle.